2. Terms and conditions
Basic information about data protection:
- Responsible for the treatment: Municipal Institute of Information Technology of Barcelona (IMI), Barcelona City Council.
- Purpose of the treatment: to manage the contact with interested persons to participate actively in the DDDC pilot project of Decode.
- Legal basis for the treatment: it is the user's consent by accepting the terms and conditions of use.
- Recipients of the data: data will not be communicated to third parties except by legal obligation.
- Rights: to exercise your rights of access, rectification and deletion as well as other rights recognized to the regulations you can send an email to email@example.com
This legal notice informs in a concise way the main aspects of the digital participation platform DDDC, promoted by the IMI and the Decode project. The platform aims to promote participation in the pilot project Digital Democracy and Common Data (DDDC) within the framework of the Decode project. The pilot has two objectives:
- Improve Digital Democracy by integrating DECODE and Decidim technologies making decision making more transparent, private and secure;
- To explore alternatives to the current model of digital economy by using Decidim technology for deliberating upon data policies and deciding upon an experimental data commons constituted during the pilot.
The person who accesses this platform undertakes to accept and comply with all the provisions of this legal notice and the set of applicable provisions. It also undertakes to make a lawful and adequate use of the contents and services and to refrain from any illegal conduct or contrary to good faith.
The DDDC platform is managed by Municipal Institute of Information Technology of Barcelona (IMI).
A. Scope of application of these conditions of use
The conditions of use for participation in the DDDC platform affects all the people who participate in this website. At the time of registration you will be asked to accept these conditions.
IMI reserves the right to modify the present conditions and will publish on this website the latest version of these conditions. Some aspects of these Terms and Conditions of Use may be subject to modifications through deliberation and decision-making in the DDDC participatory process itself. To keep informed of future changes, we advise you to visit this page from time to time. Users will be informed via email of modifications in the terms of service when they affect privacy and/or security.
B. General aspects of participation in the DDDC platform
Any individual who has previously registered on the DDDC platform can participate. The adults of whom the minors depend are responsible for the actions of these minors in the DDDC platform. The platform also allows the possibility for entities, groups, institutions and / or organizations to be users of the platform.
As the DDDC platform is a meeting point that aims to promote participation for the improvement of Digital Democracy, users are obliged to make a diligent use in accordance with this objective.
IMI is not responsible for the incorrect use of the DDDC platform by users or the content they provide. Each user is responsible for using the platform correctly, as well as for the legality of the content and the opinions he/she has shared.
It is not allowed to add any illegal or unauthorized content to the website, such as information that has the following characteristics:
- That is false or deceptive;
- That infringes any right of the City or any third party, such as copyright, trademarks or other intellectual and industrial property rights or other related rights;
- That threatens the privacy of a third party, such as publishing personal details of other participants, such as name, address, telephone number, email, photographs or any other personal information;
- That contains viruses, Trojans, robots or other programs that may damage the website or systems of the City Council or the website or system of any third party, or that have the intention to circumvent the technical measures designed for the proper functioning of the platform;
- That pretends to send spam to users or overload the system;
- That has the character of message chain, pyramid game or game of chance;
- That has commercial purposes, such as posting job offers or announcements;
- That does not meet public decency; consequently, the content must not incite hatred, discriminate, threaten, provoke, or have a sexual, violent, rude or offensive meaning or character;
- That violates an applicable law or regulation;
that is aimed to do campaigns promoting mass voting for other proposals not related to the process and the debate framework, and to creates multiple users simulating being different people (astroturfing).
IMI is not responsible for the quality, originality, authenticity, legality or security of the content that users contribute to the platform. However IMI reserves the right to remove from the DDDC platform the opinions, information, comments, proposals or files that contradict these conditions of use, and can install filters for that purpose. All this will be done solely in order to preserve the fundamental objective of the DDDC platform. IMI also reserves the right -without prior warning- to temporarily suspend the activities of a participant on the platform, deactivate an account in any way, delete its contents, delete the account or send a notice, in particular, and not limited to it, in the following cases:
- If there is a violation of these conditions of use of the participation platform and
- If the IMI believes that the activity of the participant is harmful to others, to the website or to the IMI.
The participant is responsible for the content of his/her contributions and the damages or claims of third parties that may arise. In no case will the IMI be responsible for the improper use of the site, the platform or the contents that are shared, nor will it be responsible for the use that a person makes of the ideas provided, nor for the suitability of these ideas, nor about the results that are derived. In the event that the content includes a link to another website, IMI does not assume any type of responsibility for the damages and / or damages due to access to the contents of this link, nor for the content that may exist in this same link. In the event of a dispute of any kind or for any reason between the participants on the website or a third party, the City of Barcelona is exempt from any liability for claims or damages of any nature that are related in some way with this dispute.
C. Functioning of the platform
Participants can access and navigate the DDDC platform freely and anonymously. Only when they want to take any action that involves the creation, support or comment of a proposal or participation in a debate will be necessary that they register in advance. The registration that will allow participating in the platform by making comments in a section or creating proposals must be done by entering the following data: user name, email, password and acceptance of the conditions of use. The user will be required to verify their account. The platform also allows the possibility of registering entities, groups and / or organizations, and in this case, the following data will be requested: name of the organization, responsible person, email, telephone, password and acceptance of the conditions of use . The registered person can interact with the platform through the different functionalities enabled for each of the participation processes (debates, proposals, meetings, ...). The verified person can support the proposals and participate in the prioritization processes of the same.
D. Conditions for the treatment of the contents provided by users
The present conditions regulate the terms applicable to the content sent by the users of this platform through the corresponding form (hereinafter, the "content"). The content does not include those personal data (except the public name of the user) that are provided at the time of registration and verification, only includes the public content provided by the user (comments, proposals, ...).
- No confidentiality: All the content sent by the user must be able to be known by the general public. Therefore, IMI will treat said content as non-confidential information.
- Advertising or dissemination of the contents presented: Participants in the DDDC platform declare to know and accept the fact that the information provided may be published on property websites as well as through other means deemed appropriate to publicize this initiative.
- Intellectual property: Unless otherwise indicated, the contents protected by the intellectual property that the user contributes to this website will be subject to a Creative Commons - Attribution–ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) license.
- Procedure of notice and withdrawal: Any person, with reasoned reasons, may request the removal of contents that violate the legal notice and the present conditions of use. The request will be sent to the IMI, by sending an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. IMI will process these requests and reserves the right to make the necessary verifications prior to the withdrawal of any content.
E. Copyright, reuse of information and other rights on the website and its contents
The use of open licenses, the creation of derivative works and the reuse and modification of the works contained in this website are encouraged, provided that the original authorship is recognized and the same license is maintained on the resulting work. Unless otherwise indicated, the contents protected by intellectual property disseminated on this website are subject, by default, to a Creative Commons - Attribution - ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) license. In accordance with this license, any person and / or organization may make use of the protected content, both for commercial and non-commercial purposes, provided that the authorship is acknowledged and the resulting work is disseminated under the same license CC-BY-SA. The reuse of all information and data disseminated through this website is permitted, subject to the following conditions:
- You must properly recognize the authorship, provide a link to the license and indicate if changes have been made.
- It can not imply that the City Council sponsors or supports the activity in which the information is reused.
IMI will respect all intellectual or industrial property rights over the content submitted by users, and assumes no responsibility, direct or indirect, with respect to any type of controversy, dispute and / or litigation that may arise from the publication, the disclosure and / or dissemination of the content provided without the mandatory consent of their legitimate holders or without protection of any use permitted by law.